When preparing for race day it is important to know what fuels your body needs and to practice with those fuels. It is all about consistency and balance.
For endurance rides your body needs consistent complex carbohydrates, water, and electrolytes.
There are a wide variety of products that can provide these combinations, but one that leads the way in providing COMPLEX carbohydrates that will not drop your blood sugar, full spectrum amino acids, and a full line of GLUTEN FREE products - Hammer Nutrition!
At the Ochoco Gravel Roubaix on August 26, 2017, we will have the following available to you:
- Heed Sports Drink - This will be available at the start line and every aid station
- Endurolytes Fizz - You will be given 2 packets in your swag bag
- Endurolytes Capsules - Available at every aid station
- Hammer Gel - Available in your swag bag, at the start line, and at each aid station
**All products available for purchase at Good Bike Co.!**
HEED SPORTS DRINK
Heed is a combination of complex carbohydrates and electrolytes with a full spectrum of amino acids and no citric acids! Enjoy Heed throughout your workout or race!
Cramping is your body's final warning signal that you're on empty electrolyte-wise. You should use this product before, during, and after and endurance activity to PREVENT cramping. It contains no refined sugars or artificial sweeteners
This is a quick and easy way to get electrolytes without the taste and without the calories. You should take 1 capsule per 50-60 pounds of body weight 30-60 minutes prior to exercise, each hour during exercise, and one dose immediately following exercise.
Contains long-chain complex carbohydrates for smooth, consistent energy release. There's only a trace of sugar, so Hammer Gel doesn't set off wild insulin spikes causing "sugar high" and "sugar crash." You should consume about one gel per hour during endurance activities
The search for the perfect bicycle saddle should begin with the following questions:
- How often do I want to ride?
- How far do I want to ride?
- How fast am I going to ride?
If you are a casual rider putting in less than 10 miles/week then you probably want the biggest, softest seat you can find.
On the other hand if you ever plan to ride more than 10-20 miles, you need to worry about something that is far worse than pain from a hard seat - chaffing. Those fat seats tend to rub so the further and faster you ride, the narrower you want your seat - to a degree.
Small, light, flexible seats are ideal for racers because they allow for full range of motion of the thighs and don't add much weight - things that may not matter to a casual rider.
And if you want to find the saddle that is just right for you, stop in to Good Bike Co. where you can see and feel a variety of saddles.
And don't forget your chamois shorts and chamois cream!
Did you know we have bicycle fit expert here in Central Oregon?!
Jay Dicharry, PT of Rebound Physical Therapy specializes in bicycle rehab, injury and prevention!
Whether you are trying to take your cycling to the next level, rehabbing an injury, or just trying to get rid of that knee pain he can help you find and fix the problem.
And trust me - he is thorough!
Learn more on their website HERE!
Or set up an appointment now: email@example.com / 541-419-8208
1. It is a great community event at our local Crook County Fairgrounds with live music from Hutch & Gentry, FREE food, a beer garden, and more!
2. Riding 10 miles is a great way to start your day!
3. You can do it with friends and encourage or challenge each other!
4. Everyone who registers will get a FREE Silipint and swag bag filled with lots of other great swag!
5. 100% of proceeds benefit The Center Foundation which funds our local high school Athletic Trainers!
6. It is only $15/person
7. Prizes are available JUST FOR REGISTERING and YOU DO NOT HAVE TO BE PRESENT TO WIN! We have Fitbits, T-shirts, bicycle bells, bicycle pumps, locks, helmets, gift cards and more! This may be the best raffle you will ever enter - and did we mention you will already receive a FREE SILIPINT?!
8. It is sponsored by Rebound Physical Therapy - our local Physical Therapy team with locations in Prineville, Bend, Redmond, Sunriver, and LaPine!
High Desert Races, LLC
Promoting cycle tourism in Central Oregon through races and group rides.